No Dialysis Today

No dialysis today. Not exactly sure of the reason. Argh! Feeling very frustrated.

So today was disappointing for Joey. He is in a lot of pain because of the swelling, from lying in bed for so long, and from the pinched nerve. There is no position that he can get comfortable in and feeling crummy is starting to take its toll mentally. If anybody reading this can think of anything to cheer him up, give it your best shot (keeping in mind that he’s not allowed flowers…sigh). I’m racking my brain for things I can do as well.

Kind of a depressing post, but that’s where we’re at. Moral in Toronto is low.

Kirstin

9 thoughts on “No Dialysis Today

1. Emilie Johnson October 7, 2007 / 3:50 pm

Happy Thanksgiving ,I don’t know what the cafeteria serves but I hope you both get some turkey ,mashed potatoes and gravey.I should have some in a few hours &would really love toshare it with you. .I don’t know why these docs make the dicisions they do or appear to hang back but we just have to trust and thank God that it will turn out okay.STEADY AS WE GO. Love you a lot Emilie

2. Kay Morse October 8, 2007 / 11:28 am

Hi Kirstin.
    Just to let you know that your cousins in England are thinking about you both and hope that things will improve for Joey.
    Lots of love to you and hope to see you when we come over in 2008.

3. Sylvia Bandoian October 8, 2007 / 12:27 pm

ok, that really sucks. Hang in there you guys we’re all pulling for you. xoxoxoxox

Your in my thoughts every day.

Love Sylvia

4. NIK October 8, 2007 / 11:35 pm

Got the Bday card for Teja he was thrilled. Tell Joey that Teja got punched in the nose by a girl and got a bleeding nose the second day of kindergarden. I am sure he will be much more careful to tip toe around her sand cakes the next time. Hope that Joe will get kick out of this. I’ll come up with something fun to send.
    Love Nik

5. Jill Maysmith October 9, 2007 / 1:28 am

I think I will pop by for a visit tomorrow…..

6. Trevor October 9, 2007 / 6:50 pm

Hi, Kristin.

It’s all tough, but the mental part is the hardest. I found the pastor, Derek Strachan most helpful when I was there.

Let me know if Joey would be up for a visit from someone who has been there and done that. I’ll be in the treadmill room on Thursday and could come down afterward.

It also appears that we are next door neighbours. We’re in “The Apex”. We know what your schedule is like and really want to help you out too. We have a car and it’s great for picking up groceries and beer. I’m also a pretty good cook and wouldn’t mind whipping up a little extra supper anytime — for here or to go.

Please give me a call anytime 416-556-1771.

Trevor Umlah
    2007 lung transplant #62.

7. Mike Gravelle October 9, 2007 / 11:22 pm

Hi Guys! we’ve been following your story very closely… our best wishes are sent to you for strength and healing. Joey is sure a trooper, he’s gone through so much. i had a pinched nerve in my leg as well after my surgery and it is not fun at all. my girlfriend is a registered massage therapist and was just mentioning that Joey may benefit from massage if they can get a registered therapist in to treat him. maybe that will be helpful in relieving his pain. take care guys! Mike and (you haven’t met her yet) Crystal

8. Jerome Reilander October 10, 2007 / 4:51 pm

I could video tape myself golfing. Him and his golf buddies could get together and really have a laugh.

9. Jill Maysmith October 11, 2007 / 12:49 am

I’ll pop over for a visit.

JM