The First Supper

Joey was able to come home for dinner tonight. First time since operation #2! We are pretty excited. Surprised-but very happy-that he could get in and out of the car to make it here.

He also managed to do 20 minutes on the exercise bike today. A new, new personal best. (He was pretty darn stiff after he got off the bike, but hey, he did it).

Kirstin

Photos:

1. Kirstin, Joey and two of the surgeons who did Joey’s operation: Dr. Boasquevisque and Dr. Yildirm (AKA: the Turkish Delight). Contrary to what you might think, they don’t carry that “Hero” bugers sign around with them, we just bumped into them at the food court and forced them to pose beside it.

2. Joey’s room. Holy card stock Batman! Thanks for all of the well wishes.

19 thoughts on “The First Supper

1. Duane Schultz October 17, 2007 / 6:34 pm

Super cool! I’m sure whatever you had for dinner tasted great. Take care!

2. Roy October 17, 2007 / 7:44 pm

nice work!

3. Scott October 17, 2007 / 8:19 pm

20 minutes, I don’t think I could do 20 minutes!

4. Lo and To October 17, 2007 / 10:12 pm

Wow….we sure hope this trend continues..way to go!xox lo and to

5. Kimmy October 17, 2007 / 11:25 pm

You guys are soooo cute in your little matching puffa vests!!! Yay!! Go Joe!!!

6. Emilie Johnson October 17, 2007 / 11:33 pm

I am so happy to hear.It can only get better! Emilie

7. Melody October 18, 2007 / 12:44 am

….bad timing on my part with the pizza!! sorry guys! Your nurse wanted to give you the heads up but I thought I’d surprise you!!! ahahahhahahaha Who knew that you’d be lucky enough to have dinner at home tonight!! …cold pizza anyone??? 🙂 Auntie Mel

8. Jill Maysmith October 18, 2007 / 1:19 am

Home for dindin…what no subway????
    xoxoxojm

9. Lynne Wilson October 18, 2007 / 3:57 am

Hi Kirsten & Joey

We are delighted things are going so well. Thanks so much for the photos.

xoxo’s for you bth

Lynne and Norm

10. Sacha October 18, 2007 / 11:27 am

The pictures are great…keeping posting more;) You both look great. I especially like the one of Joey’s room – look at all the love!

11. Jill Maysmith October 18, 2007 / 2:09 pm

I bet Marm and Lucy were happy!!

12. Lawrence & Sarah October 18, 2007 / 2:38 pm

20 minutes on the bike! Wow. Was Joey doing that before the surgery?

Home for dinner! Nice, but I’d like to try a Hero burger.

13. michelle willis October 18, 2007 / 3:20 pm

wow, it so neat to see your faces, you look great joey!! I am so glad for ya! love all those cards lol;)

14. michelle willis October 18, 2007 / 3:21 pm

lol, Kirstin, you look great too!!!

15. Brandy October 18, 2007 / 5:54 pm

So nice to see pics and to hear so much good news – let’s all keep those good vibes rolling – way to go you two!

16. Connie October 18, 2007 / 9:07 pm

Love the pictures! Joey, you’re looking
    pretty good for a guy who’s gone through
    two major surgeries!
    Love the updates! Kirstin, thank you sooooo
    much for the notes/letters you post. So
    nice to keep an eye on the steady
    progress being made. It’s much
    appreciated! But most of all . . .
    Love you guys – Give each other a hug for me
    will you?

17. shantelle October 19, 2007 / 2:03 am

o my god im soooo sorry for not contacting you guys sooner so many things have happened and ive been without a computer for quite some time,thank you kristen your awesome,for everytihng youve done,joey you rock man i cant wait till i see you guys again ,im back online so i will be in touch im soooooo sory for the lack of contact in so long.my hopes and thoughts are with both of you always

love shantelle deforge

18. Mom, Dad & Sarah October 20, 2007 / 1:26 pm

October 20th,

Kirstin & Joey,

Happy first official Anniversary. Have a great day. Miss you.

Love you both, Mom, Dad & Sarah

19. Jann Ashworth October 20, 2007 / 6:07 pm

Hi, just heard the news last night from Sharon Wiltsie. I had been away for most of the summer and you both had been on my mind throughout the year (I would get updates from Sharon) as to whether Joey got his new lungs. I am pleased to hear that you have although I see from reading the website, the last two months of recovery has had some difficulties and challenges.

Well, you both certainly get gold stars for your stamina, determination, perseverance, and herculean wills. I send my best wishes, heart felt congratulations for your strength ……you make a helluva team!!!!!

I’ll continue to send my prayers of love to you both for love knows no bounds!

William has had his second year checkup and is doing very well. He is taking architectural drafting at Camosun and is now a bonafide tai chi instructor with the Toaist “108 Moves” Tai Chi in Victoria. He has worked hard to get his physical strength and flexibility back these past two years and also loves ice skating. I never thought I would see that day and now it feels surreal….and one day it will for you too.

With your combined strength I know you don’t need me to cheer you on but I will anyway :). I remain ever hopeful for a full recovery soon!

Blessing, good cheer and BRAVO!!!!!!

Jann Ashworth