Heading Back to PR…Or Not

Today has been yet another overwhelming blur. Most of Joey’s transplant work up was done, but we don’t have our meeting with the the liver transplant team until May 10th. After that it will still take some time for him to get on the list, but at least most of the testing for him has been done.

He is still in pain and we are told that there is nothing that can be done about that except a liver transplant. Right now the plan is for him to head back to PR hospital because the doctor down here figures that pain can be managed in PR and there is nothing left for them to do in Vancouver at this point.

Joey was supposed to be air ambulanced home tonight, but we just found out that the plan is now that he will go to PR hospital in the morning. I guess we’ll see what tomorrow holds; things seem to change pretty fast.

I’m chilling with OJ tonight. Can’t wait to sleep on a good old fashioned pull out couch instead of one of those fold out hospital chairs. What a relaxing evening!


One thought on “Heading Back to PR…Or Not

  1. Marg March 31, 2010 / 10:41 pm

    Sleep well lovely lady.

    apart from the most important request you have (I do not qualify as a potential donor) Please let me know if there is anything I can do. I have put your web page addy on a couple of sites I have . I hope that is ok. I figure casting the net net wide is the least I can do.

Comments are closed.