Is This Wrong?

Reflection question: is it wrong to toast your husband’s/friend’s/son’s/brother’s new liver?

Kind of like celebrating a double lung transplant by lighting a cigar, huh?

Heading up to the hospital soon. Expect it will be a slow day. They won’t even start trying to decrease the sedation until much later. Save yourselves some stress (for now) and check back some time tonight for an update on how today went. Hopefully by then we’ll have an idea of how Joey’s liver is liking its new digs.

Here we are again. One day post-transplant!

Kirstin

8 thoughts on “Is This Wrong?

1. Kimberly Burge February 13, 2011 / 10:13 am

Look at all those beautiful smiles. And all those livers deserve a drink! I’m going to go ice this repetitive stress injury to my cfsucks thumb…

2. jenn0576 February 13, 2011 / 10:30 am

Sooooo glad all is looking great!!! Your both always in my thoughts and prayers…ALWAYS! Love and positive energy, Jenn

3. caroleannie February 13, 2011 / 11:23 am

We are all so thrilled to hear the fantastic news! All the Showgirlz are sending our thoughts & prayers to you both!
    Love and light coming your way.
    CaroleAnn & the Showgirlz

4. Barb February 13, 2011 / 12:17 pm

I say “TOAST” away. You all deserve it as does Joey! Your amazing Kirstin! Wishing you a wonderful, not too stressful, day today. Still sending lots of love, hugs, and good vibes your way.

5. sweiler February 13, 2011 / 12:23 pm

No way you all deserve a drink…or two! So glad to hear that things are going well and wishing you another great day! Sacha & Patrick

6. Connie February 13, 2011 / 12:33 pm

Wrong?
    What could possibly be wrong with that?
    I think it might just be wrong if you didn’t!
    So good to see everyone with their bright smiles on today.
    Every time I think of Joey, the transplant, the whole situation, I just grin. It’s all GOOD!
    I know, I know, it’s not over yet, but Joey’s a tough nut, so are you Kirstin. You’ve come this far . . . and have all this experience . . . soon your journey will seem boring when he’s home and well.
    Can’t wait for that, h’mmmmm?
    Auntie Connie

7. Auntie Julie February 13, 2011 / 4:06 pm

It might be wrong if it’s 9:40 AM!!!!! Just kidding, I think it is well deserved. Toast on. Love you guys and am hoping today is a good good day. C U Soon. Muuuuuaaaaahhhhhh> Much love from Auntie & Uncle.

8. Brandy February 14, 2011 / 1:58 pm

Great lookin’ group! Love the HUGE smiles!