Get a Haircut!

The remainder of the day was good as well. Would have been nice if he could have had a nap (he is extremely tired), but you can’t win ‘em all.

Oxygen mask is still on and will be reassessed tomorrow. Talking takes a whole lotta effort. He really shouldn’t even be trying, but that’s my little chatterbox.

Richard went in to see him for the first time today since before his transplant. With great effort, Joey pulled off his oxygen mask, motioned for Richard to come closer, and hoarsely whispered: “Get a haircut”. What a sweetheart.

I don’t know where he could be coming from, do you?

K & J

6 thoughts on “Get a Haircut!

1. lundbaby February 17, 2011 / 10:44 pm

Sometimes when you focus on all the senseless things happening on this planet you just wince. Then you find a story all about hope, courage and love that puts everything back into perspective. Joey and Kirstin are telling such a story and it inspires me. Love from Lund.

2. Kimberly Burge February 17, 2011 / 11:11 pm

Speaking of hippies…

3. Renee Rose February 17, 2011 / 11:40 pm

Today Joey looked tired, Kirstin looked like someone turned on a thousand watt bulb inside her and Richard…well…it was windy.

4. Breah February 18, 2011 / 12:11 pm

Through teary eyes…happy teary… catching up on the last few days of your happenings and stumbling across that picture of Richard made me laugh out loud. Everyone in my office now knows i am obviously not doing any work. haha!

5. carol February 18, 2011 / 12:14 pm

Joey & Kirstin, Your love & strength thru these difficult times is such an inspiration. Kirstin, you are joeys wings,his everything..Joey, keep that sense of humour , you are a wonderful guy & a toughie..& better days will come along for you both.Family, friends & aquaintances,so much love & caring!!!! I have been lurking on the sidelines,always with positive thoughts & love to you both 😉 😉 ;)carol …river city

6. carol February 18, 2011 / 1:05 pm

Ohhhhh, HAPPY DANCE. FORGOT !!! ( GRIN ) Told a friend recently I would dance in the rain, always wanted to . Rain expected today, so will dance in the rain today .I will, I will !!!! Glad no cameras & hope no people around, its sure to be hilarious. maybe head up to canoe campsite & slow ( ouch ) todays version of the twist,( ouch ) to the song achey breakey bones.( ouch ) Or something. I will !! I will !! for Joey & kirstin, A skookum get well dance for Joey. xoxoxoxo ; )